Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My War Has Begun

If It's Going To Be It's Up To Me - by Robert H. Schuller

Possibilities must be weighed                       The price must be paid
Priorities must be swayed                             The timing may be delayed
Plans must be laid                                         The course must be stayed
Commitments must be made                       The trumpets will be played


It is my experience that getting what you want requires some sacrifice of other things.  You have to be all in.  I tried to make my journey pleasant by doing a little saving at a time and spending all the remainder of my disposable cash on little wants & desires.  For me, little by little doesn't work.  You have to feel the pain, stress, and suffering of getting ahead.  I was in the parking lot of the pet store today getting ready to buy some filters when I saw Arby's restaurant next door.  They had Reuben sandwiches for sale.  Jesus, I love Reubens!  I wanted one so bad that I sat in my car for about ten minutes making the decision to buy or not to buy.

Demon - Go ahead, buy a couple.  You know they will taste great!!

Angel - Stick to your plan.  Hold on to your cash.  Stay the course & way of the miser.

I resisted.  I didn't buy any Reubens today.  At this stage of my life, I will probably not get the five-bedroom house & other major goals I want on my own (unless I win a lottery jackpot) but I have to try.  I have to press on even though the effort may be futile.  There may be a greater good just in the attempt at achieving your goals. Failure sucks, but you have to keep trying & doing.  Press on people.

Bottom One Percenter

No comments:

Post a Comment