Thursday, April 11, 2013

Show Rooming

Show rooming is the way to go!  I was in a book store today and I saw a book I wanted.  The price was $15.00.  I waited until I got outside then wrote down the title and author name on paper (writing down titles  & authors while in the store may be "against the rules") from memory.  I get to an online computer and find the hardback edition available on a discount site for .75 cents!!  Granted, postage and handling will be $3.00 but that is still a savings of over $11.00 for a good condition, slightly used edition instead of the brand new paperback book.  If it is not against the law, do it.  I think a virtual book store browser would kill brick and mortar book stores.

Update:

Check out www.enjoy3d.com.  They have a virtual book store.  It is a good experience.  There was a site called Zoomii that had a virtual book store but it is not in operation right now.  

B.O.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment