Thursday, June 12, 2014

Trinket Trash Treasure!

True story:

I was walking around my apartment complex collecting extra unwanted McDonalds coupons from building mail trash boxes.  I had planned on going to four buildings.  I got what I could possibly use and was on my way home when I saw a flattened gold ear-ring in the street.  I passed by it thinking it was just junk but I thought, what the hell, it might be worth something.

I took it to a gold buying store today and the guy gave me FIFTEEN DOLLARS CASH for it! 

Finding $15.00 in the street is a good thing for the finder.  It was bent & mangled up a little so I think the owner really didn't want it or didn't realize the true value of the ring.

Anyway, I just spent $3.00 on used library books.  I will spend the rest on inexpensive food and cigarettes.  I know I should be saving some but my low income warrants a "spend it now and to hell with the future" mentality. 

Small windfalls are nice and highly appreciated.  Thank you God!!!

Peace

B.O.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment