Thursday, June 20, 2013

Beware - rant

I like cigarettes.  What I don't like is when someone abuses your generosity concerning cigarettes.  Somebody asks you for a cig and you say okay, take one.  A few days pass and you have given a few cigarettes to the same person on chance-encounter/different days.  The day comes when I need a cig from that person, expecting generosity in return, and he/she doesn't have any.  Okay not having any the first, second, third, and even the fourth time but five times in a row??  Damn dude!  I mean I was giving freely to someone in need and when I need I am rejected five times out of five?  The scenario has even gone like this:


Guy - Can I have a cigarette?

Me - Okay.
[I hold out the pack for him to take one]
[While reaching supposedly for one]

Guy - Can I have two?

Me - Sure.



Being the sucker that I am I agree to the gift.  That scene has happened a few times with a few different people.  I swear to God, an elderly lady , probably in her late 70's, pulled the "one-two" question on me and I gave in!  It's like when others need, I'm there  but when I need, others are not there.  I have mostly been "good" to a fault.  I have seen a lot of television shows when I was young espousing good, ethical, honest, behavior.  You have to be good most of the time or society would not function, but, I'm here to tell you that you have to be bad some of the time.  People, groups, and society will screw you over if you let them.  Recently, the fire marshal in my town was going to do random apartment inspections in my apartment complex.  WTF, they already did an inspection of all the apartments a few months back!!  Technically, I pay the rent up in here so I should be able to live however I please fire hazard be damned!!  Not that my apartment is a fire hazard, it's just that my township is picky and hyper-critical about what you can and can not do.  Jesus!!!  They are already squeezing blood from a stone in the form of rent increases and the residents have to put up with this shit!?!?!  Bastards.

Another cigarette scenario:


Guy - You got a cigarette?

[not may I have, or can I have, or can you spare, but pretty-muchly ordering, give me a cigarette!]


Me - [I raise my hands and shrug my shoulders knowing that I have one, just one left.]


Smoking that last cigarette knowing that I saved it for me and my consumption was sweet as hell!  When I have a good chance at winning, I'm going to outright lie when needed, cheat when needed, and basically be kind of bad to get what I want.  I should know this now but I revert to "good guy" a lot.  I'll have to keep re-reading the very, very good book (excellent really) "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell" by Tucker Max.  I've been good, too good most of my life.  Good guys do finish last.  TIME TO BE BAD for profit & pleasure.  Greed and hedonism?  Yes - time to get mine punishments be damned!  MY TIME!!!    smooth criminal.

Bottom One Percenter

No comments:

Post a Comment