Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Economic Uncertainty

The Dow & the major indexes are all setting records.  Housing starts are up.  A lot of major corporate earnings reports are positive.  Things seem to be looking up.  According to my Trinket Trash Treasure indicator there is still a lack of consumer confidence.  I have not found any good junk along the side of the road for my collection which shows that people are being more careful with their stuff.  When people are more careful with their stuff, they tend to be more thoughtful about how they use their resources, especially money.  

What I am saying is the signs are positive but a true economic recovery is still in the works.  Executives and upper-level managers have seen their incomes increase but the rank & file worker has yet to see an increase in pay that keeps up with inflation.  A real turnaround may take a few years.

If the United States doesn't improve it's money management skills, Asian countries like China, Japan, and Singapore will out-maneuver  the U.S. and decimate the lower and middle classes. Being that I am mostly a bottom one percenter, I have been financially castrated.  I am barely able to function let alone procreate because of my lack of money.

Let me be a warning to those of you who think you have it bad.  I have a roof over my head and some food to eat but I am one step away from destitution.  Be on guard most of the time & definitely watch you ass!!

B.O.P.
P.S.  Remember, just some talk.  I may be totally wrong or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment