Monday, December 8, 2014

Recent Successful Personal Acquisitions

I don't dumpster-dive regularly but I do occasionally scan my nearby dumpster for good stuff I can possibly use or sell.  Recently while taking out some trash, I look over the container contents and I see a desktop computer.  No accessories, just the CPU box.  Along with a couple of other items, I fish it out & take them to my apartment for later inspection.  I'm thinking the computer probably doesn't work but I could at least have fun taking it apart & checking out it's guts.


The next day I connect a monitor, mouse, keyboard, and speakers to the computer and "bam", it works.  The PC had no documents or information on it, but Windows Vista Business operating system was on the Acer desktop.  There seems to be nothing wrong with it.  I have another toy to play with.


Long story short, I bought a used Sony flat-panel monitor that supposedly was not working for $3.21.  I had a hunch.  Bought a new power cord & monitor cord from Walmart and it works fine.  Slightly scratched up on the edges but other than that I think I scored an item that would of set me back for at least $200.00 new (if it was a new Sony monitor it may of started at $300.00).


For all of my good luck, the Philadelphia Eagles lost to the Seattle Seahawks last night.  DAMN IT!!


I guess two out of three isn't bad.


Eagles play Dallas the up-coming Sunday for the division title.


Good Luck Eagles!
Come on Chip, time to bring out some of the big guns.


Hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving.


May God bless us all.


Peace.
B.O.P.
P.S. Note to Debt Challenger, aka The Wealthy Wallet --- I'm sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment