Thursday, December 20, 2012

Makes Me Wonder (not Stevie)

I was driving to the 7-Eleven to get some cigarettes and I thought, what the heck, I'll upgrade tonight.  An upgrade means instead of getting cheap cigs (Shields) I'll buy some good stuff (Winston Red-Box 100s).  I go in, ask for what I want , & they don't have it.  No surprise to me because they didn't have it the last time I went to this particular 7-Eleven.  I ask for the Gold box which they usually have but they don't --surprise.  A white guy to the left of me was buying a box of Marlboros.

Me - Are Marlboros good?

Guy - They're terrible.

Me - Sometimes being bad is a good thing.

Upon later reflection I thought "If they are bad why are you smoking them?"  I put on my experimentation hat & decide to "go white" for a bit.  I buy some Marlboro Red-Box 100s.  Later that evening, I smoke one.  Wow - no kick to it.  Lite as all heck.  I finish it off and no buzz. Usually in the middle of one Shield cigarette I feel a low, sinking sensation that is kind of pleasant.  I smoked three Marlboros in a row and I got nothing in the form of some kind of effect.  Maybe there is some conspiracy going on.  Blacks - Newports, Whites - Marlboros, what's up? What do Winstons make me, a 1960's wannabe white man (good enough for G.G., good enough for me)?  

Lesson: Not all similar products are created equal.

Merry Christmas
Happy New Year

B.O.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment